A little spot for me to share my artwork. I started building and sculpting these pieces to unwind after long days at work. Its been a fun and exciting hobby to make comic, sci-fi, and fantasy items. I will try to share my progress along the way.

Friday, April 26, 2013

X Men First Class Magneto Helmet build 2



First pass at shaping the helmet. 


 
At this time, there was not a good pic of the crest, so i sub in the classic crest.

  
a waste mold and quick cast was made, so i can continue refining the shape of the helmet.


  
the first try at the crest from some blurry pic.
  
the crest tested on the helmet for sizing


the waste helmet trimmed and reworked







1st casting of the v1 helmet
Straight from the mold.








1st casting of the v1 helmet
Straight from the mold.
end game vs shaw





1st casting of the v1 helmet, trimmed and primer-ed











1st and 2nd casting of the v1 helmet, trimmed and primer-ed



I wasn't quite happy with how the helmet fits, I needed about 1/2" foam
for it to sit right.

So out came the saw and...



so, bisected the helmet- slice off about 1/2" , took some off the top and bottom, reworked some other stuff and..



Now, its a snug 23-23.75" fit.







new v2 of the crest ready for molding



fresh cast of the new v2 of the crest




new crest and new v2 helmet cast




0 comments:

Post a Comment