A little spot for me to share my artwork. I started building and sculpting these pieces to unwind after long days at work. Its been a fun and exciting hobby to make comic, sci-fi, and fantasy items. I will try to share my progress along the way.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

X Men First Class Magneto Helmet build

I thought its about time i show how i made the X Men First Class Magneto helmet.
Shaw vs End Game helmets.
This build was done around April 2011.
I used a junk casting of the comic style magneto helmet to start the build.
Rough grinding of the cast. cut outs removed.




styrene strips was glued to layout the new trim







bondo was sloppily applied to the area between the styrene strip.
still need to slop on another layer of bondo to get a little more thickness.







a little comparison on the comic vs the first class helmet.
the 1st class has a more rounded dome and materials was removed from the side to have a waist? look. Foam and bondo was added to the bottom of the lid to flared it out slightly.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Eff! This is amazing!

Unknown said...

How did you round the original build?

https://www.facebook.com/james.maestas.5

Unknown said...

How much for X Men First Class Sebastian Shaw helmet?

Post a Comment